Work experience with East Kent Housing
We welcome work experience enquiries from students, schools and colleges and will, wherever possible, help to create work experience opportunities for young people across East Kent. Requests or enquiries about work experience should be made by email or in writing from either the individual or their school or college.
Please send your request together marked 'East Kent Housing Work Experience Request' to EK Human Resources at:
Placements can be for up to two weeks. In exceptional circumstances requests for longer periods may be considered.
Requests will need to confirm the following:
- The applicant is a student attending a school/college or living in East Kent (Canterbury, Dover, Shepway and Thanet districts)
- The applicant will be at least 15 years old at the time the work experience placement is to commence
- The applicant has not already undertaken a work experience placement with East Kent Housing
- Confirmation of the area that the applicant wishes to undertake work experience in and why
- The dates they wish to undertake the placement (if fixed)
- The applicants contact details including telephone number, email address and postal address.
Applicants will also need to provide a reference with their application. This reference should clearly state the applicants name and will need to be from either a tutor or an older person who has known them for some time but is not a member of their family.