Sheltered Housing PLUS
From April 2017, we will be launching our new Sheltered Housing Plus service, which will take over from our Enhanced Sheltered Housing Service.
The new service will offer exclusive one bedroom flats and studios for the over 60’s with:
- On site independent Living Manager
- Access to handy man and repair services
- Access to a supported laundry service (Monday to Friday)
- 24 hour lifeline connection
- Emergency, on-call night staff
Our Sheltered Housing Plus service also offers:
- Support with life and social skills, if needed
- Help with budgeting and applying for benefits
- Signposting to taking up activities, training, work or engaging with the community
- Advice about accessing health, social care and advice service
The overall aim of Sheltered Housing Plus is to offer you independence and the support to keep safe and well in your own home.
Our Sheltered Plus accommodation is located in:
- Lang Court, Whitstable
- Cranmer House, Canterbury
- Collard House, Canterbury
- Whitgift Court, Canterbury
Who is eligible and how to apply?
Sheltered Housing Plus is available to individuals who are aged over 60 years of age. The accommodation is available for couples and single people if they have a certain level of support needs.
An assessment is carried out when you apply which enables you to discuss any support needs that you may have. The assessment ensures that you meet the Sheltered Housing Plus criteria.
You need to apply for Sheltered Housing Plus through your local council. (This link takes your through to Kent Homechoice to apply online)