Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)
Local councils have been given a limited amount of money from the Government to make Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) towards housing costs for those most affected by changes to benefits. The Council will make their decision by looking at:
- your income and savings
- if anyone else in your house can help
- if you have any loans or debts
- if you could manage your money better
- if anyone in your family is ill or disabled
- if you have tried making the situation better for yourself.
Important information to be aware of:
The Council deals with each Discretionary Housing Payment application individually and we cannot guarantee that you will receive this payment. If they do make a payment it will depend upon your circumstances and the information you have provided. Please speak to your council Housing Benefit section about your entitlement and how to apply.
Contact your local council’s housing benefit service:
Do you want to give any feedback on the website? Give us your comments here