Folkestone and Hythe Independent Living Forum
What does the Independent Living Forum do?
The Independent Living Forum members work to promote the best interests of those living in sheltered housing which is managed by East Kent Housing on behalf of Canterbury City Council by:
- Meeting quarterly for two hours to discuss local issues with East Kent Housing.
- Working to improve conditions for those living in the council's sheltered housing schemes
- Working with East Kent Housing to ensure that funds allocated for sheltered housing are spent in the most effective and beneficial way
- Encouraging joint working between schemes to provide events and activities for residents
- The meetings are chaired by a resident who is appointed annually.
Who attends the meetings?
Each sheltered housing scheme nominates two representatives to attend the Independent Living Forum. If you live in a scheme and would like to attend, contact your Independent Living Manager or let us know you are interested in joining the Forum by completing our Get Involved Sign Up Form.
Minutes of the meetings are posted on noticeboards of each scheme.
Meeting venues and transport (where required) is arranged by East Kent Housing. For more information on transport and claiming travel expenses see our Resident Involvement Expenses and Incentives Policy