Ways to pay your rent in Canterbury
- Pay your rent online on the Canterbury City Council website.
You will need your 7-digit payment reference number ready.
- Pay over the phone by calling 01227 862 427
This is an automated phone service for credit/debit card payments. You will need the 7-digit payment reference number ready.
- Pay by Direct Debit by contacting us on 01227 862 142. You will need your bank details ready. If you have a question about setting up a Direct Debit call 01227 862 142 or email us.
- At the Post Office or PayPoint registered shop
View paypoint locations. If you lose or damage your payment card, please call us to request a new one on 01227 862 142 or email us
- Pay by Standing Order You can set up a Standing Order through your Online Banking. The details you will need are sort code 621348, account number 00000000 and your 7-digit payment reference number. You can request a Standing Order form by contacting us on 01227 862 142 and you would need to take the completed form to your bank.
Your home is at risk if you do not keep up with your rent payments
If you don't pay your rent on time your account will go into arrears and we will take action to recover the arrears. If you find yourself in this position, always contact us. Your rent payment is due every Monday.