Mears emergency, urgent or general repairs types
We are committed to making sure our residents live in well maintained, warm and secure homes.
However when a repair is needed, it is important you know what we determine your repair to be as we have different timeframes to fix an emergency repair compared to a general repair working with our contractor Mears.
Please note we use different repair definitions and time frames for central heating, gas and hot water repairs.
Emergency Household Repairs - we aim to fix within 24 hours
Definition: We class emergency repairs as any repair required to fix any defect which puts the health, safety or security of a resident or third party at immediate risk or which affects the structure of the building.
- Blocked flue to open fire or boiler
- Total loss of heating or hot water during the winter season
- Blocked Toilet which will not flush (where there is no other toilet in the property)
- Blocked foul drain, soil pipe or toilet (where there is no other toilet in the property)
- Serious water leak
- Unsafe electrical fittings e.g. exposed wiring
- Insecure external window, door or lock
- Unsafe stairs
- Serious roof leak
Urgent Repairs - we aim to fix within 3 days
Definition: Repairs to remedy a defect that does not cause immediate risk to the health, safety or security of a tenant or third party and although therefore not an emergency, still needs to be carried out quickly to ensure that the risk does not increase.
- Leaking or faulty radiator valve
- Faulty extractor fan
- Defective cistern or overflow
- Faulty communal TV aerial
Routine Repairs - we aim to fix within 16 days
Definition: Repairs carried out to remedy a defect which can be deferred without causing discomfort, inconvenience or nuisance to the tenant or a third party or the long term deterioration of the building.
- Dripping/leaking taps or shower units
- General joinery repairs e.g. floor boards, work tops, internal doors
- Kitchen fittings
- Easing of doors and windows and repairs to door/window furniture (handled etc.)
- Plaster work
- Tiling (including floors)
- Fencing/gates/garage doors
- Blocked or broken guttering
How to report a repair
Do you want to give any feedback on the website? Give us your comments here