Designated Person

Changes to our complaints process

This section includes information about how East Kent Housing's tenants can make a complaint about their housing service

From 1st April 2013, our tenants will no longer be able to refer their complaints directly to the Local Government Ombudsman. Instead, they will be able to ask a ‘designated person’ or ‘designated tenant panel’ to consider their complaint once it has been through our two-stage complaints procedure. 

Tenant panel
We are currently working with our Tenant Representatives  to set up a tenant panel. In the meantime local Councillors and MPs will carry out the role as ‘designated person’.

Updating our  comment, complaint or compliment Policy
Due to these changes, we are currently reviewing our policy, which when approved by the Board and our Client Officers, will be published on our website and made available in local offices.

You might be be interested in reading our: Vexatious Complaints Policy


Do you want to give any feedback on the website? Give us your comments here