Resident Board Member
We are currently looking for two new Resident Board members who will play a key role on the most senior governing body of East Kent Housing.
Are you passionate about representing residents in your area?
Do you have the skills and commitment to help us continue to offer quality housing services?
If yes then we would love to hear from you!
Who are we looking for?
East Kent Housing is a company limited by guarantee, owned jointly by four councils, and we are looking for tenants or leaseholders from Dover and Thanet to join our Resident Board member who represents residents in Folkestone and Hythe, and Canterbury.
What does the East Kent Housing Board do?
Our Board comprises four council nominees, four resident representatives and four independent members. The Board sets the strategic direction of the organisation, and monitors performance and progress in delivering the commitments to the councils and tenants. The Board is responsible for ensuring that the organisation is well run and has the appropriate controls and management systems in place.
What are Board members expected to do?
- Attend Board meetings having done the appropriate preparation (reading agenda papers)
- Participate in and contribute to discussions and decisions at Board meetings
- Participate as required in Sub-Committees of the Board
- Represent the Board on local groups and Residents’ Panel as required
- Take steps to become familiar with the organisation and its activities
- Participate in training provided for Board members
- Declare any interests that might conflict or be seen to conflict with decisions of the organisation
- Attend meetings, training sessions and other events
- Attend and participate in meetings to review individual performance
- Respect confidentially of information
Let us know if you are interested in becoming a Resident Board member by completing our Get Involved Sign Up Form.
Alternatively, If you would like more information about becoming a Resident Board member please contact the Resident Involvement Team on 01304 872446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.