Environmental Improvement Programme
What could be improved where you live? Let us know by submitting an EIP suggestion for your area.
About the Environmental Improvement Programme (EIP)
Every year, we have funding to spend on small projects to make improvements to our communities. We strive to complete the work within the financial year, however there will be instances where the project may take longer. Here are some projects we've funded in previous years:
- Building new bin areas to improve the look of rubbish storage areas
- Install fencing or bollards to protect grassed areas from being parked on
- Improve drying areas so people have better places to dry their washing
- Lay tarmac or hard standing to make an area safe
- Put benches in a communal garden or grassed area
Submit an idea for the Environmental Improvement Programme (EIP)
Submit an idea here or download this form.
You can submit an idea all year round to be considered for the next year's programme, all suggestions are considered in the spring.
Important information about our Environmental Improvements Programme (EIP)
Before you submit your idea for a project, please read the following information as it will help you understand the types of project we are looking for.
What is an Environmental Improvement Project?
It is a physical project providing benefit for residents, such as:
- Improving safety
- Improving the appearance of an area
- Improving cleanliness/tidiness of an area
- Improving the use of an area
- Contribute to the health and well-being of residents
What is the criteria for EIP?
The project must be:
- Of benefit to a community rather than an individual
- On land owned by your local Council and managed by East Kent Housing
- In areas of mostly Council owned housing
- An improvement to the appearance of an area or contribute positively to the health, safety and well-being of residents
- Affordable for on-going maintenance costs
- A minor impact on other services
- Not able to be funded from another budget
- Have support from significant numbers of local people
- Straightforward to implement and be completed within a reasonable timescale
Did you know?
This project has been developed in collaboration with our local residents groups and Resident Scrutiny Panel.
In January 2019 the Resident Scrutiny Panel reviewed the EIP Process, find out more about the Panel and read their review here.
Do you want to give any feedback on the website? Give us your comments here